Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Today's Happenings

Today and yesterday have been days of pain--it truly feels like I am in labor. I can go from 4:30 a.m. to about 2:00 p.m. before it starts.

Nothing so far has relieved the pain. I have tried Advil, Aleve (prescription strength), and Loritab, heating pad, relation, hot bath, hot shower. . .

If you have any suggestions, please leave them in a comment.

The pain makes me not nauseated but desirous of vomiting-just like labor with my eldest.

I continue to work every day. I sit with an elderly lady with Alzheimer's. She is very sweet. She can't wait for it to get warm enough she can go outside to feed her chickens herself. She tries to feed all her visitors! Once a Mama always a Mama!!

I don't get much sleep as between the pain and getting up to change myself so as to not have to change the bed, keeps my sleep interrupted.

I updated the fund raiser today. I so appreciate all the gifts and prayers. I have found some creative ways to save some extra money for the surgery and recovery period: I do in-home mortgage closings as a Notary Signing Agent. This occasional work as most times they are scheduled during the hours I am at my regular job. But I have decided to take out my expense money only for each job (printing costs & gas) and to put the rest up in the surgery fund. Every time I buy feed for the animals, I match the 10% taxes and put that in the surgery fund. It will build and I will be able to do this.

My eldest daughter, Virgillia, is set to take my place patient sitting while I recover. There is also a relative of her family as back-up. My job will be there when I recover.

Virgillia  bought a bunch of strawberries on sale. We froze a lot and tomorrow I plan to make jam with the rest. Distraction helps to some degree and the jam will be really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment