Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Secondary Anemia

Adenomyosis causes anemia from the large loss of blood. This causes you to have other problems such as:


  • Fatigue
  • Paleness
  • Cardiac Problems or Worsening of ones already present
  • Chest Pain
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chills
  • Cold hands & feet
  • Headaches
  • Weakened immune system
  • Anxiety
  • Irritability or Moodiness
  • Inability to Think Clearly
  • Constipation
  • Tinnitus
  • Muscle Cramps
There are many other symptoms-too many to list.

I have fatigue. Just a constant tiredness that never goes away. No matter how many hours you sleep at night or taking a nap--you are still tired. "I'm so tired my tired is tired."

Skin paleness is present for me but most people that don't know me don't notice it. I am dark skinned with an olive complexion. I see it every time I look in a mirror and it is dis-heartening. 

Cardiac problems-for me this is bouts of palpitations. The key is stay calm and not panic, panic only makes it worse. My blood pressure has also lowered. I have taken hypertension meds from age 27 to December 2008. My blood pressure is now normal without medication due to the anemia but with spells of being low enough to make me dizzy and fainting.

Shortness of Breath--Walking any distance has to be paced and even then I need to stop and catch my breath. Taking a load of laundry to the clothes line can totally wind me and its not that far. 

Chills--I have never had chills before unless I was feverish. I now have chills on a regular basis but luckily, so far, I have not developed an over all coldness. It takes me longer to warm back up after getting cold such as going out to feed the chickens, waking out to the mailbox, etc.

Cold Hands & feet--I have recently began wearing socks most of the time. 6 months ago, that was not going to happen, I couldn't stand to have socks on my feet unless I had shoes on--now I need them.

Headaches--I wake up with a headache almost every morning, sometimes in the middle of the night I have to get up due to headaches. 

Weakened Immune System--I am sick more often now and it takes longest to shake a cold or bacterial infection. 

Anxiety--I am not sure if my anxiety levels are higher than before or not, I do worry as all people do but I have always had this place deep down inside that knows all be okay.

Irritability or Moodiness--I am more moody and little things that would never before have bothered me drive me slap a** batty now.

Inability to think clearly--I don't retain things as easily. I don't recall things I know as readily as before. My "think fast on your feet" abilities are all but gone.

Constipation--this occurs more frequently no matter the diet and only adds to severity of the rectocele.

Tinnitus--Ringing in the ears.

Muscle Cramps--Due to the lack of oxygen in the blood and lack of amount of blood to carry the oxygen around, muscles cramp.

Think about these things. Think about living with these things on a daily basis for years. My life is full but not like it should be, all because of Adenomyosis related anemia.


No comments:

Post a Comment