Sunday, February 24, 2013

Saving Money--Cloth Menstrual Pads

I was thinking-using as many sanitary napkins and tampons as I do, I could save a lot of money going to cloth and even more if I made them myself.

This is a subject I have researched over the years in the past.

As I was up at 3:00 a.m. with a head cold, I think I'll be productive and do some pattern searching and go through my stash of cloth, see what I can come up with. May need to order some waterproofing for the backs.

Here are the web pages I have found with patterns and/or information and Etsy has lots of patterns and pads for sale.

Adahy's Cloth Pad Patterns There are several patterns here including an 11 inch pad, panty liner, a 8 inch pad & a circular pad. She has done a lot of work and research and it shows. 

Jan Andrea Great picture showing how to lay out your pattern so as to have extreme little waste of cloth when cutting out. Also some patterns.

Instructions for Cloth Menstrual Pads Pattern will need to be enlarged and then follow the simple instructions.

There are lots of other great sites out there. Go ahead-step into the water and do some research and make your own reusable, washable cloth menstrual pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment