Monday, March 25, 2013

No Funds-No Surgery

This blog will continue as a source to let women know they are not alone, but I have decided to close the fund raiser and not have the surgery.

I have made choices in my past life that affect my current and future life. One of those was to leave an alcoholic husband. At that point I lost my insurance.

Centennial Women's Hospital has given me a huge a discount from about $35,000.00 to $6,000.00. The surgeon has decided not to charge me. I am very appreciative of these things.

I am a private, self-employed, elder care sitter. This brings in enough to cover my few bills but not enough to save any extra of a large amount. The nature of my work is that eventually my patient will pass to the next world. At that point what little I will have saved up will be needed to pay my bills and gasoline to go interview for another patient.

I have no serious problems with this choice. I have had the rectocele-in its current severe state since the OB used high forceps during the birth of my 3rd child in October 1989. Living with it has become routine for me at this point.

I have a mild cystocele. It is mild and not that bothersome--many women have a severe one and they do just fine without surgery.

As for the adenomyosis--it will go away in twenty years when I go through menopause.

Maybe my lesson here is in patience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment