Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy? Scared? FREAKING!!

Got a call today from a Financial Counselor at Hospital B. The lady was very sweet, asked me a series of questions. She then explained that they estimate the cost to be $10,000 and they would let me make a down payment of $100 and at that time they can contact Dr. F and schedule the surgery.

I am a very happy camper right now. 

I have already filled out the Financial Aid Application and sent it back with last year's tax return. It took me all of 15 minutes after the email arrived!

I believe I can pay the down payment on Friday morning. She said I could just call and pay with my debit card!!!

If the Financial aid Application is not approved, I will owe the balance but they will make arrangements with me that are well within my budget!!

Sorry for all the exclamation points but I am a very happy person right now. Blessed beyond belief.

Yes, going under has risks, especially for someone with COPD & Rheumatoid Lung Scarring. The recovery time may be prolonged as I also need a rectocele repair. Frankly, I am not sure which scares me more-going under or waking up knowing I may not be able to work for six weeks to three months. 

The prospect of being "normal" once again is very enticing.

All the rare but possible problems are running through my head--if this isn't done soon, I may turn yellow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment