Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Does My Body NOT Want to be Healthy??






Sometimes I wonder. Sunday and Monday of this week I hated my uterus-my womb, they very thing that makes me a woman, enabled me to receive the most precious gifts God has ever given me--I hated it!

For about seventeen days now, I have not been able to get my pants on. Pants I wore one day were not at all comfortable the next, then gradually, each day, they are further and further from buttoning at all! Saturday I went to MeHarry Dental Clinic, for a student to fix one of my teeth as part of their licensing exam. It was five hours of sitting. So when my back was hurting so bad on Sunday morning, I chalked it up to all the sitting the day before and my spondylosis.

Determined not to live my life in a stupor induced by pain relievers, I don't keep anything for that. The day went on, just in slow motion. I canned the last seven quarts of potatoes I had and chopped and froze eleven quarts of onions. My boy friend helped by doing the lifting and going up and down the stairs to the basement. He got a pillow and put behind my back in the kitchen chair. Such a gentle, sweet and understanding man. By 8:00 p.m. I was more than ready for bed. The pain had wore me out but surely eight hours of sleep would fix that. . .

 Monday morning rolls around and the alarm goes off. I roll out of the bed realizing I am still in pain and the "period" part of the bleeding has begun. Okay, usually its not the first day that is so heavy, I have a dental appointment with my regular student today, no problem. WRONG! Between 4:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. I changed very soaked pads seven (yes 7) times!!! Okay, no way I can ride an hour to Nashville, then sit four hours for the dental student then wait around til my 1:00 p.m. appointment with the Oral Surgery Clinic for a consultation. So I cancel, explaining truthfully what is going on and decide that I am not making another appointment until something can be figured out about slowing, if not stopping, the blood flow.

See, the GYN wrote me script for Progesterone Injections (to be taken IM every 3 months) with the caveat I take a full (325 mg) aspirin every day as a deterrent to Deep Vein Thrombosis. Understandably, I can not have dental work done with that much aspirin in my system. I have to not take the aspirin for 5-7 days before a procedure and they are working on me every week. So no aspirin, no progesterone.

Monday was spent running to the bathroom to clean myself up and as the master bath is in the master (only) bedroom, I stayed in there most of the day, cleaning out and organizing.

The weight gain, swelling in my abdominal area is so bad that two Fridays ago, I went shopping and tried on every pair of pants, I moved around, bent over, sat down, squatted  did all the gyrations to make sure they fit before buying them. (I shop at a local second hand store that supports local underprivileged no returns) On the Tuesday after, all but one pair was tight. As the days went one, they got smaller and smaller. I promise I have not gained fat or muscle weight that fast. It is all in my lower abdomen, it will go away eventually. In the meantime, I wear one wardrobe. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, I can pull out the smaller, noting but me, wardrobe!

Just as a pregnant belly pulls on the lower back and causes pain, this swelling of my uterus is pulling on my back, causing the spondylosis to be worse and the pain is b-a-d bad! I feel like I need to get a maternity belt to hold the extra weight of my Adeno diseased uterus off my back!

The disease of Adenomyosis also saps your energy. Saturday when I got home around 5:00 p.m. I laid down on the couch to watch some television. At 5:00 a.m I woke up, crawled in the bed and actually got up, not tired around 7:30 a.m.!!! I am tired all the time. Some days are worse than others but I have not been at my best and energized in years now.

******
Click here to find a list of all the dental schools in the USA. If you need dental work at truly affordable prices, please contact the one nearest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment